Curtain Call 2014 - Review
Curtain Call for a Cause 2014 was a huge success! For the fourth consecutive year, Vincent Insalaco and Christen Pitts produced a spectacular show that included a number of talented performers:
- Dance performed by boys and girls with disabilities from the “I Can! Dance” studio
- Piano solo by Tatiana Roitman, wife of Philip Mann, conductor of the Arkansas Symphony
- Fiddler on the Roof preview (showing at Argenta Community Theater in July)
- Dr. Alan Storegard’s jazz band trio
- Arkansas Festival Ballet
- Guitar and vocals by Michael Hall
- North Little Rock High School Dance Troupe
- Vocal by Harrison Russell (played Shrek in the musical at the theater)
- Tap dance by “Untapped,” Arkansas’ first professional non-profit tap dancing company
Curtain Call for a Cause is a unique event which brings together volunteers, talented artists in our community, AEDD consumers, our past patrons and those who have never had the opportunity to be exposed to AEDD’s mission.
AEDD’s drama troupe “ACTS in the Rock,” directed by auxiliary members Jennifer Moore and Brittany Brown, began the evening with a pre-show act, “Minnie the Moocher.” The comedy was written and performed by thirty adults from the Lacy Landers Center.
In addition to a silent auction two premier live auction items, a premier pheasant hunt donated by Business World and a week’s stay at a private home in the Cayman Islands, raised $5,200!
Approximately 150 people were in attendance and we exceeded our goal of raising $20,000 by raising over $25,000 for Sammie Gail Sanders Children’s Learning Center and the Lacy Landers Skills Training Center.
Curtain Call for a Cause is organized by the AEDD Auxiliary and was chaired by, Gayla Jungmeyer and Kathleen Kennally.